Friday 4 March 2011

Who would you like to see on the front cover?

This question is the most important out of all that I have done, as it will be the image on my front cover, so they will have to be popular and well known for it to work well. From this research it has come to my attention that people prefer main stream music instead of alternative bands that are not really heard of that much as they are more in the know so you can refer to the artists from what you already know which I think is a main factor.. Most of the above are all solo artists and they seem to be more popular amongst the people I have asked. However the Saturdays were the most popular I think this is because they are appealing to both audiences- male and female. Female being that they enjoy their music but male also as they probably find all the girls attractive as they are all beautiful. Along with this they are always in the chart when they bring out a new song, and this is because their songs are catchy and you can listen to them a number of times. However just so it could appeal to a wider audience I could incorporate stories on the front cover about the people who were less popular so it is not just focusing on one main artist. I could use the image of the Saturdays on my front cover and my double page spread as I think it looks good when the theme Is running throughout the magazine, as most magazines take on this idea. Whilst doing my market research I think when bands are the dominate image on the front cover it works well as it gives you more people to focus on instead of just one, and you learn more about the whole band. As I feel that when it is just talking about one artist- such as a solo artist, it can get boring as there is no differentiation.

No comments:

Post a Comment