Friday 4 March 2011

What features of a magazine are most appealing?

Images got 48% of the vote of what is most appealing, so I need to make sure the  images that are on my front cover are striking so it gets drawn to the reader. I also agree with this statement as if the picture on the front cover wasn’t out there and wasn’t almost as if it was looking at you then it wouldn’t sell. Because this is the first thing you look at when you buy a magazine as it is normally the main focus and usually tends to be very dominant. Bold text only scored 4% I think this is because it is normally featured on all magazines and is not the first thing you look at when looking at a magazine It is normally the image which I have stated above. Musicians also scored a high percentage of 32%, I also feel this is a main feature in a magazine so I will incorporate this also as well as having striking images. As I think that if you didn’t know the artist featured in the magazine it would be unlikely that you would buy it. However if it was someone in mainstream music for instance you would definitely be more inclined to purchase it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment