Friday 4 March 2011

What genre do you want to read about?

This is another main factor in my making my magazine as I want my audience to enjoy and be to their taste what they are reading about, because if it is not what they suggested then they probably wouldn’t even buy the magazine. I think this has a big impact when buying a magazine as you can normally tell from the stance and image of the artist/band on the front cover what genre it is going to be; even from the clothes that they are photographed wearing. And it will turn people away if it is not who they want to see, as normally the person pictured on the front cover are people who are featured throughout the magazine so this would be a draw back to them. It would also seem that if it looked a specific genre on the front that it would be the same genre throughout the magazine. From this question 52% of people voted pop which means I couldn’t have an indie/rock style for the front cover of my magazine as this wouldn’t be what my audience would want and appreciate. This fits in well with my question of ‘who would you like to see on the front cover’ as the Saturdays were chose and they fit in with the genre that was chose, so both of these choices work well together as they don’t contrast with each other since they are both in the same genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment