Thursday 7 April 2011

Feedback

For the front cover the feedback I was given about my front cover, it was brought to my attention that my front cover strap line was too big- so I plan to decrease the size of the black strap band and make it not take up too much room. For my rough cut it has been highlighted that I didn’t have a price, issue number and date on my front cover. So I am going to include this when I change my front cover as these are all typical code and conventions that need to be on a front cover.
It was stated that my name of my magazine and the font chosen for ‘exclusive’ was successful so I don’t plan to change either of these when doing my final front cover.
However it was said that my photo shown on my front cover was attention grabbing and the colour scheme was good. But one thing I plan to change is the picture and make it brighter because someone stated that some of my writing was hard to read, but I feel that if I was too change my photo and make it brighter then the text would stand out more as I do not want to change my colour scheme as I feel all the colours work well together.

For my contents page the feedback I was given was that the background of my photo was unprofessional I agree with this and I am going to retake the photo and make sure the white sheet is not seen, I still plan to have a plain background which is already on the back of my contents page but I am going to cut the model out using photo shop so it doesn’t look so unprofessional I am also going to make sure that the image is not too dark and you can see it more clearly. Finally I am going to check my font sizes to make sure they are all the same as somebody wrote that they looked as if they varied so I am going to change it so they don’t contrast.
Things that were successful on my contents page were the layout as it was said to be ‘strong’ and that the text was clear so I am not going to change either of these. However I am going to change it slightly to make the page more interesting by getting a better image for the page instead of something so simple.   

For my double page spread feedback I forgot to put the page numbers on which is a typical code and convention so I am going to make sure that this is put on. It was also said that my image was too dark with an orange tone and there were shiny patches on my model, so when I re take my photos I am going to make sure I don’t edit it to make it look as dark and make sure I edit all shiny patches to make it look professional. Also it was said that the introduction could be in a larger font so it stands out more so I am going to take on board this to and change it to a larger font so you can see it more clearly against the columns of writing. Finally I am going to include a picture caption as this is what normally what is shown on the photo in a music magazine.
However it was said that my layout and font was good for the artist’s name, and that the pose and mis en scene was successful for my photograph so I do not plan to change either of these things. But to break up the columns of writing on my double page spread I am going to include purple lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment